Joben is a Ghost Theme with clean and modern design. Joben is a multipurpose theme that works well with personal or professional blog or even with an online journal or a magazine.
It's an easy-to-use and flexible ghost theme that can be customized based on a detailed documentation that is provided. It's a content focused template with quality code and design.
With a minimal theme size, lazy loaded and optimal image sizes the theme has a great performance score, passing all relevant tests:
- valid html
- properly size images
- defer offscreen images
- minify CSS
- remove unused CSS
- avoids enormous network payloads
- avoids an excessive DOM size
- All text remains visible during webfont loads
- PageSpeed Insights – 99 points for desktop
- Pingdom - 93 score, performance grade "A"
- Ghost GScan – 100/100 points
Joben is validated against Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) passing all relevant rules. Keyboard navigation throughout the theme is assured and color contrast recommendation are respected. Accessibility checks
Joben is also SEO friendly, the theme being tested with Lighthouse passing all tests and making sure you can focus on creating content for your audience.
Light and Dark Theme in one. With just a click you can change the theme color. You can let your audience decide what color scheme they prefer. By default the theme detects the user default setting.
Unique pages were designed, to completely support the members feature and provide great user experience.
Payment testing To test the membership features you use any of the following test card numbers.
More than just a theme, transform your Ghost Theme into a Progressive Web App. Joben can work as a Progressive Web App and allow your website to be installed by anyone, anywhere, on any device, making it accessible even offline.
Check out this tutorial: Ghost as a PWA.
The search is performed as you type, and by default search is performed on the title and the primary tag. This is customizable however. Enabling the search requires to create a Content API key. Details can be found in the theme documentation.
The home page can be easily customized to have a different look and feel. Check out 3 different variations of home pages on the demo:
You can find instructions in the documentation how to set up different hope pages.
Joben has 3 different post templates you can choose from in the Ghost Admin:
Additionally Featured posts also have a different style
Custom Pages included in this Ghost Theme:
- Ghost 5.x compatibility - with all features that come with Ghost 5.0
- Translation ready - the following languages being included:
- Members & subscriptions - to help you monetize your content or build a community Joben comes with full support for the members feature
- Post - image, custom excerpt, multi author and featured flag in post cards and post hero as well
- Page - static pages with or without images
- Author - support for avatar, bio, location, website and social accounts
- Tag - cover and description
- Post card - with primary tag, multi authors, read time and date
- Koenig editor
- Markdown card
- Bookmark card
- Gallery card
- Image card with normal, wide and full width
- GIF card
- Button card
- NTF embed
- Callout card
- Toggle card
- Alternative quote
- Product card
- Audio card
- Video card
- File card
- Header card
- Check out all the Elements
- Secondary navigation
- home page CTA - call to action on the home page for subscription or upgrade for subscribed but not paying members.
- Lazy loading images - an important feature for avoiding loading all images on the initial page load and thus improve performance.
- List/Grid view - on the homepage, tag page and author pages users can select the view type, either grid or list and the depending on preference the layout is adapted.
- Scroll top - after a certain amount of scrolling on the page, a scroll to top button is displayed in the bottom right corner, which also works as progress indicator.
- image lightbox - when you click on images in posts an image lightbox gallery is displayed with all images from that post.
- post access CTA - call to action for subscription in case user does not have access to the post.
- Fully Responsive - Joben was designed with a mobile first approach and it works great on all display sizes, be it mobile, tablet or desktop.
- Syntax Highlighting - Joben comes with Prism for syntax highlighting. Being already built in you don't have to worry about adding it to the theme. Using it it's really simple.
- Related Posts - you can suggest relevant articles to your readers, making them more likely to stay on your website. Posts will be shown checking for common tags within posts.
- Comments - the native Ghost comments are integrated, but you can easily add a comment system to your theme
- Disqus Comment system is integrated, all you need to do is change the disqus shortname and you are good to go.
A detailed documentation is provided with the theme, covering everything you need starting from installing the theme to customizing it according to your needs. You will find useful information such as theme development to do more advanced customization.
Additionally you can set up automatic theme deployment whenever you change theme files. Follow our ghost theme deployment tutorial.
We would love to hear your feedback, help us to help you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have suggestions or need help. Twitter: @bironthemes